Lawrence Hall is a not-for-profit child welfare agency established to assist at-risk youth and their families through a seamless delivery of services designed to develop the self-worth, knowledge, and skills they need to lead independent and productive lives.
We support our mission with an annual budget of $20-$22 million derived from government grants and contracts, private support, and allocations from the United Way of Chicago and Episcopal Charities. Throughout our long history, we have demonstrated sound fiscal management, using our resources responsibly to plan for future growth.
Lawrence Hall is a community of staff, volunteers, and board members dedicated to creating a society in which our children and their families are treated as valued and cherished members.
Our Core Beliefs
- We cherish the children we care for and work with them to make positive moral decisions.
- We believe all children deserve to live a life that is free from physical, sexual, and emotional harm.
- We tell the truth about what children experience in our society.
- We advocate in the best interest of our children.
- We behave ethically and act at all times in creative rather than destructive ways.
- We value diversity and treat each other with consideration and appreciation of one another's worth.