Want to go beyond volunteering at Lawrence Hall? Consider becoming a mentor, where you commit to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to one of our youth for a period of at least one year. By becoming part of the network of adults and community members who care about the young mentee, mentors can help youth develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
Mentors are needed for both our Main Campus (Lincoln Square/Albany Park) and South Shore locations.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have no history of child abuse or neglect
- Be interested in working with young people
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application, background check, and fingerprint process
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Attend mentor training session
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit volunteer time log, and take constructive feedback
For questions or to learn more, contact Francesca Valenziano.